"Mark Musser graduated from the Evergreen State College in 1989 in Olympia, Washington with a Bachelor of Liberal Arts and then from Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon in 1994 with a Master of Divinity. He and his wife, Caren, together with their children, Rachel, Alex and Paul, were a missionary family in the former Soviet Union for 7 years. They served in Mogilev, Belarus and Kiev, Ukraine, where they helped to plant two Bible churches, and taught in numerous other churches, seminaries, Bible colleges and institutes. Since coming home from the mission field in 2004 they planted a new church on the west side of Olympia called Grace Redeemer Bible Church."
Items mentioned in the interview
- Wilhelm Heinrich Riehl, Natural History of the German People (Studies in German Thought and History), Edwin Mellen Press (July 1, 1990)
- Excerpt from the Global Biodiversity Assessment, published for the United Nations Environment Programme, Cambridge University Press (1995); external PDF hosted by Freedom Advocates - see p. 773 in particular for the global human population assessments.
- Hitler's Table Talk (wikipedia entry)
- Lynn White Jnr., "The Historical Roots of Our Ecological Crisis", Science 10 March 1967: Vol. 155 no. 3767 pp. 1203-1207
- Mihajlo D. Mesarović, Eduard Pestel, Mankind at the Turning Point : The Second Report ot the Club of Rome, Hutchinson (1974); Google Books, at the following hyperlink, gives that report's prominent quotation from a certain A. Gregg in which humanity is likened to a cancer: "The World Has Cancer and the Cancer is Man". [In the interview I incorrectly said that The Club of Rome had likened humanity to a "virus". I apologise for the inaccuracy, but I leave you to decide which is better, cancer or virus (?)]
Podcast theme music: Chillout Me by Antony Raijekov from his Jazz U compilation (CC BY-NC 2.5)
In accordance with the conditions of the above licence TMR wishes to state that the fact that these creative materials appear in TMR productions should in no way be understood as implying that its creators endorse anything produced by TMR.